Thursday, February 17, 2011

I WISH!!


I miss you, amma, when my alarm rings in the morning, wishing it was you who was shaking me thoroughly to get my head off the pillow.
I miss you, amma, when I open my eyes and see no one around me, hoping it was you who was standing in front of me showing me your beautiful face.
I miss you, amma,when I get ready for college, wishing I was stuck on those days when you used to correct my tie for me.
I miss you, amma, when I have my breakfast, wishing you were there to force me to have my dosa, and screaming at me when I go around the house serving it to ammumma and mutachan, even before they brushed their teeth. Not to mention, I wish I got those dosas now for breakfast.
I miss you, amma, when I walk to college, wishing it was you who kissed me goodbye and wished me a good day.
I miss you, acha, when I go shopping and have a look at the price tag and replace it to its original place, wishing it was you who was with me and asked me to forget about the price and buy what I felt like.
I miss you, acha, when I kick a rock on the road, wishing I was still playing kick-ball with you inside the house and both of us getting scolding from amma.
I miss you, acha, when I watch television and am illiterate about a topic, wishing it was you who was explaining things to me.
I miss you, acha, when I sit down to study and don’t understand a thing, wishing it was that day when you sat down to teach me Maths and taught me cylinders and cubes using ‘puttukutti’ and scrabble blocks.
I miss you, chech, when I see people fighting, wishing I was the one doing it with you, and getting the love later on.
I miss you, chech, when I see people exchange clothes, wishing I could do it with you at any time as I wished.
I miss you all, when I sit down for dinner, hoping it was all of us sitting around the same table, each of us talking about our day at office, home and school.
I miss you all, when I pull the blanket at night and remember I do not have anyone to wish goodnight to, hoping I was still in those days when I used to run around the house screaming goodnight to everyone a thousand times and making sure I receive all the thousand replies.
I miss you all, during every single moment of my life. But I know that you all are there right next to me. And that you all will be there for me no matter what. After all, you all have proved it a million times when I have had problems in my life. But I really wish, I could go to those days when, when I go to sleep at night with chechi and achan kisses on my head and wishes me a final goodbye, in spite of my thousand goodnights, I know I have all of you right next to me, physically, the next day morning.
P.S: amma- mommy, acha- daddy, chech- sister

No comments: