Thursday, October 20, 2011

A Letter to Juliet

Dear Juliet,
I loved him, or rather I still love him.
I love him a lot.
He was, or I would prefer is my life.
I learnt what true love meant through him.
His care reminded me of my father, since I lost mine long back.
When I was happy, he doubled it.
When I was sad, he lessened it.
When I was sick, he caressed me with his soft touch and care.
He was never possessive nor jealous, neither was I.
He never opposed my wishes, bringing my dreams to reality.
It has been 20 long, silent years since he left  me,
To save this country, on the army grounds.
He is away from me, but never too far away for me to miss him.
I feel his love, as strong and true like before.
Wherever he may  be, I just want him to know,
That I loved him, or rather still love him.

Love,
His 'love'

12 comments:

Red Handed said...

Ah such pure words oozing such pure love!
Loved it!! a lot!
Keep crafting out such great lines!

Writing Bee said...

@Red: Thank you very much :)!! Loved the way you said 'keep crafting out such great lines' :D!!

Anu Krishnan said...

That's beautiful!

Saru Singhal said...

Beautiful poem with some pain and a lot of love:)
Love the lines:
"When I was happy, he doubled it.
When I was sad, he lessened it."

Chandana said...

How can one not believe in love when they read something like this? :)
Loved it!

Writing Bee said...

@Anu: Thank you :)!! Wrote it during research class :P!!

@Saru Di: Written when I was in pain to the maximum. So it worked :D

@TheGirlAtFirstAvenue: Loved your comment a lot more :) :) :)

CookieCrumbsInc. said...

And there is the story of an army wife. How can we not realise their worth? Beautiful, Deeps.

Research does bring out our creativity eh?:P

Writing Bee said...

@Dinky: Thank you. And yes, I recently realized research brings out the best in me. I thought it was a quality only Democracy could boast about :P

Sujatha Sathya said...

deeply felt lines. love is wonderful. but only few are lucky :)

Writing Bee said...

@Sujatha Di: I believe every person who has felt true love atleast once in their life, is lucky. Even if it doesn't work, those moments till it lasted would be special

Confused Soul said...

this is so beautiful.. Loved it :)

Writing Bee said...

@confused soul: Thank you so much :)