Saturday, April 28, 2012

Tired of fighting? Learn to juggle!

There was this wonderful opportunity at company X where I could have worked, had my husband allowed me to! If it wasn’t for my marine engineer husband’s crave to have me at home during his four months of holiday, I wouldn’t be sitting idle during the rest of the months when he is busy working! Had my ex-fiancé been broader minded and allowed me to work along with the men crowd, I would have been happily married by now!

How many of us have or is going through such a situation where we would love to work and earn a living for ourselves, but have kept aside our dreams and aspirations for the happiness of our better halves? Women have been known for their sacrificing abilities and many at times members of the opposite gender tend to misunderstand their decisions as our happiness.

At the same time how many of us have been in such a situation where our husbands admire women who are financially and professionally independent? Not to forget that these women are in no way related to them! Feel inferior? Does our inner voice cry, “You are incapable!”? Scream aloud the song, ‘mein karoon toh saala character deela hain’, and it would fit perfectly.

So how exactly can you- the ‘love of their life’- calm down the men folk when you lay your neatly pedicured, nail painted slender legs on to the work field?

The sole and life breaching reason is the lack of trust the men folk have in us. The solution? Do learn to take things with a pinch of salt. Do not take the “I don’t trust you” dialogue in the literal sense. Haven’t you had that ‘special’ moment when you doubt your husband when he is on the phone with a lady colleague? Men too have the freedom to hesitate such a moment in their life. Gain their trust. Spend some time with him and make him realize how important this job offer is to you and how it would help both of you financially.

But in the chaos of working, do not forget to spend that quality time your husband loves! No matter how modern life could get, any hungry, tired man would love to get back to a house where his wife welcomes him with a warm smile and hug along with a table of his favourite dishes. Sounds tough and tiring, doesn’t it? Whoever coined the proverb, ‘there is no gain without pain’, was completely true to the last dot!

Jugglers are not meant to be confined to the circus. A woman is known to be the queen of juggling; mastering the art of being a daughter, sister, wife, mother, home-maker, workaholic all together. So do remember your role as a wife and mother along-with the workaholic title! My mother, for example, was a super awesome mother and a star at her office. I am sure many of yours were too!

Well it all sounds a work of the superwoman, doesn’t it? But with all the elements in place, your husband is sure to agree to you stepping foot outside the house. After all behind every successful woman there is the hand of a man as well!


6 comments:

Sujatha Sathya said...

yeah this is a typical situation - both ways - in most households and striking that balance & understanding is so critical

Sonia said...

Awww. I loved this post. I guess this was needed:)

Sneha Rahul Choudhary said...

Sometimes I put my problems in troubles :)

Writing Bee said...

@Sujatha Di: I am sure it is a really tough job and those who master it are indeed heroes!!

Writing Bee said...

@Sonia: Thank you so much. And I hope it helped in whatever small way possible :)

Writing Bee said...

@Sneha: Welcome :)!!!