Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Sex and the City Challenge- The Monogamists

Has the world reached a stage where monogamy has become extinct?

I remember writing in one, or probably more than one post, about men sleeping around with innumerable girls and termed as a 'macho-man', while girls doing the same activity with men are termed as sluts and whores and prostitutes. But has the concept of being with one guy for the rest of your life vanished?


I see so many girls around me who claim to have boyfriends, but go around with n-number of guys. Please don't get me wrong, but I do not have the mind frame of the 60's, where girls are not supposed to talk to guys. I have lots of friends who are guys, and in fact, I personally feel that guys make lot more better friends than girls themselves. But, you know, the intimacy you show to that special guy, the physical love and mental space showered on and by him has practically just vanished.


Many at times people have told me that they do so to become cool and sexy. But is it really sexy to make out and love with more than one guy? Isn't that cheating on your guy? Well even if your guy is the jack that he is meant to be, would it be fair to yourself to behave in the same way?

Ok, maybe I am from the 60's, or at least the 80's where it was cool to have one guy and not-so-cool to sleep around with more than one. But I could be wrong. Maybe... Maybe not... Actually no... I am not...


4 comments:

Confused Soul said...

I so understand. I too have male friends and yes I'm much more comfy with them than the girls. But I know my limits and level of comfort.

Being around such girls make me feel ashamed. I think that only "the" guy should get much importance and love coz that's what matters and not being with n-number of men. That's just sick!

Maybe I belong to an old era too :/

Destiny's child... said...

Even I do not understand how people are able to love more than one person at a time. That said, I do realize that we are all different and that our way is not the only way. :)

Anisha said...

Yeah I think Monogamy applies to only when you are in a relationship.
Outside of it, nobody wants to be a nun :(
But people who disregard monogamy when in a relationship...I detest such individuals!!

❤Not Just My Allegories❤

Chandana said...

Hmm.. I think it depends on the couple. If both are of the same mindset then well and good.. its better than each one having a different point of view and one getting cheated!

www.thegirlatfirstavenue.com